St Andrew’s, Shifnal (2020)
2 manuals 30 stops
The organ was originally built in 1811 by GP England on mechanical action. The fine Mahogany case and ten ranks of pipes survive today. A major rebuild of 1893 was undertaken by Abbott & Smith of Leeds. To all intents and purposes the instrument is now an A&S organ.
In the rebuild of 1973, by Hawkins of Walsall, the instrument was reduced in size from three manuals to two, the action was converted to electro-pneumatic, and the specification was amended to introduce the Tierce and Larigot.
During our latest 2020 rebuild we have replaced the sluggish Swell and Great electro-pneumatic actions with direct pallet magnets (Heuss). A new processor system has been fitted and new drawstop and slider solenoids have replaced the mechanical drawstop action, providing a comprehensive multi-channel piston action.
The case was cleaned and restored.
Swell to Great
Swell to Pedal
Great to Pedal
Great & Pedal Combinations Coupled
Generals on Swell Toe Pistons
6 thumb pistons to Great
6 thumb pistons to Swell
6 general thumb pistons
1 reversible thumb piston for Great to Pedal
1 reversible thumb piston for Swell to Pedal
1 reversible thumb piston for Swell to Great
1 setter thumb piston
1 general cancel thumb piston
6 toe pistons to Pedal
6 toe pistons to Swell
1 reversible toe piston for Great to Pedal